General Meeting 0.4 Nov 2014
Where: Electric Works (then pub)
When: 4th Nov, 7pm
Chair: Mat Booth
The purpose of this meeting is to celebrate the formation of the company and get everyone up to date.
- allegary and mbooth to discuss initial hosting of id.darkpeak.org
- mbooth - do bank account things first, it is blocking server stuff.
- caolan - Do hack day to scaffold out first services and Docker
- caolan - Do research into static site hosting integration with gitlab
- ian - pick dates for General Meetings
- caolan - chairing next meeting (hack day)
mbooth, lewis, ed, allegary, hamish, caolan, ian
Mark Nielson, James "despite doodling that I could!" Green [but I should make it to gitpub with money --jkg]
- Co-op: free, annoying customer service
- Triodos: lots of fees, better customer service
- Unity trust: better customer service, ability to give multiple users different levels of access, ability to set up two or three authorisation required to take an action
Questions: data export, multiple users, quality of on-line service
Unity trust - unanimous
- 2 factor ID is an option for users
- ability to store ssh public keys which could be useful for email (and presumably other things)
- also ability to extend the schema with arbitrary data
- discussion about running the ID system as its own server, both for safety and ease of hosting
email - not much has happened
IRC - not much has happened. Feel free to point me at a box and I can set up ZNC on it. I'm not sure about Dockerising it or anything, so help there would be appreciated.
hosting - we currently have a £10 Hope on bytemark BigV
DNS server hosting - looking for comments from jkg
static hosting needs integrating with the ID setup found this site for potential hints for gh-pages functionality http://vanderveer.be/building-a-private-gh-pages-clone-with-dexy-and-gitlab/
Hackday on dockerising stuff
Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct seems fine, pick a day in the quiet week of the month
AGM in Oct
Hosting company docs in Caolans gitlab, have board user group set up for more confidential docs.
Hard copies of docs (if existing) reside at registered company address.
Responsibilities of the board - Drinking beer/other responsibilities/bare minimum (slopy shoulders).
Banking suggestions so far:
- Co-operative Bank: http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/business/community/co-operatives-directplus
- Triodos Bank: http://www.triodos.co.uk/en/business/ethical-current-accounts/social-venture-account/about/
- Unity Trust: http://www.unity.co.uk/accounts/ (recommended by Alan at SCDG)
- Identity Services
- IRC bouncer
- static hosting
- any other ongoing tasks
(Annual) General Meeting Timetable
- meetings in Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct
- Oct meeting as the AGM? (n.b. the accounts need to be viewed at the AGM, would Feb be better for this)
Where to host company documents
Responsibilities of the board
Arrange next meeting and who's chairing it