General Meeting 2.2 April 2016

From Dark Peak
Jump to: navigation, search

Where: Electric works

When: Saturday 9th April @ 4PM

Chair: James

Original Doc

Actions

mbooth to ask matt a union st about accountant

Caolan to action invoice to Chris for stickers (authorise payment on online banking please!)

Gary to send Mat account details for expense remittance

Caolan to send Mat invoice for SSL certs, etc for expense remittance

Mat to add "Dark Peak" account and "Dark Peak Board" account, not for loggin in, but as a place to put important/shared/sensitive stuff - notify caolan when ready

Caolan to migrate existing darkpeak-* accounts to the above Dark Peak and Dark Peak Board user accounts in gitolite

Mat to make board members user admins so they enroll new members

Board should update their User pages on the wiki

Caolan to email list on moving board meetings earlier on hackdays, so we have hacking time to implement some action items

Attendance

Ian, Ed, James, Coalan, Gary, Mat

Apologies: Richard, Chris

Minutes

Updates on actions from the AGM

Inform HMRC that the company is active (allegary) - ?

  • apparently

Mailing lists (graphiclunarkid)

  • to return to when graphiclunarkid is available

Review standing orders (none from Cat?)

  • 8 standing orders are being paid in per month.
  • Cat isn't paying yet.

Portfast

opinions on https://www.portfast.co.uk/virtual-machines

stick with bytemark -- only discernable advantage with Portfast is a small reduction in overhead. Happy with Bytemark's service.

Financials and expense remittance

Finances

T&C's for banking have been updated, upshot of which is that we will be paying £6 p/m from June

We are not in a position right now to pay for ORG, etc membership or to lower membership fees this year, if are to hire an accountant

Service Administration

Who admins/receives notifications for our various services?

  • Administration of LDAP accounts will be a board responsibility; due to connection to financials and sensitivity.
  • Administration of services used to run DarkPeak will be the board's responsibility
  • Other user-centric services should be administered based on LDAP group memberships.
  • user-centric services should have at minimum 2 administrators.

Deployment

Discussion around deployment process / mechanisms will be done via email; with the intent to agree a final working model at the next HackDay (14th May).

concessionary membership

Student/unemployed/etc level membership

general agreement that there should be concessionary membership levels

Potential service ideas

HTTP Proxy services, TOR : General view is to not proceed with proxy related services until such a time as there is clear demand.

View that the board should be able to intervene when concerns are raised around legality or ethicality of a service.

how/if to handle hosting dynamic websites : Agreed per emails and new administrator requirements.

   We welcome other services that will be Useful to multiple Members, match our Principles and don't require unreasonable resources.
   Dynamic websites are considered equally to any other service against those guidelines.

Agenda

Updates on actions from the AGM

  • Inform HMRC that the company is active (allegary) - ?
  • Mailing lists (graphiclunarkid)
  • Review standing orders (none from Cat?)

opinions on https://www.portfast.co.uk/virtual-machines

Financials and expense remittance

Who admins/receives notifications for our various services? so far email and XMPP have raised this question

Discussion around deployment process / mechanisms will be done via email; with the intent to agree a final working model at the next HackDay (14th May).

Student/unemployed/etc level membership

Potential service ideas: - HTTP Proxy services - TOR - how/if to handle hosting dynamic websites

Build the agenda for the general meeting on the 11th June

AOB