General Meeting 2.3 June 2016

From Dark Peak
Jump to: navigation, search

Where: Electric works

When: Saturday 11th June @ Noon

Chair: caolanm

Attendance

Attendance: In person : ejs, icmurray, gjm, caolanm

IRC: macabail

Apologies:

Minutes

Original Docs

Updates from last meeting

mbooth to ask matt a union st about accountant

  • caolan did on mbooth's behalf, arranging a meeting with them.
  • accountants were http://www.brownmcleod.co.uk/
  • happy to take us on, estimated cost of £400 (in line with expectations)
  • important dates for getting stuff done: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09274788
  • need to take this cost into account - this is more than we can currently support on an ongoing basis but will be covered by a couple of extra members
  • there are documents to sign to start the process of signing up
  • ACTION: (gjm) print out documents
  • ACTION: (caolan/mbooth) fill out forms

Caolan to action invoice to Chris for stickers (authorise payment on online banking please!)

  • done by ejs

Gary to send Mat account details for expense remittance

  • not done
  • ACTION: (gjm) Gary to send Mat account details for expense remittance

Caolan to send Mat invoice for SSL certs, etc for expense remittance

  • not done
  • ACTION: Caolan to send Mat invoice for SSL certs, etc for expense remittance

Mat to add "Dark Peak" account and "Dark Peak Board" account, not for loggin in, but as a place to put important/shared/sensitive stuff - notify caolan when ready

  • confirmed that these accounts are not yet in place
  • ACTION: Mat to add "Dark Peak" account and "Dark Peak Board" account, not for loggin in, but as a place to put important/shared/sensitive stuff - notify caolan when ready

Caolan to migrate existing darkpeak-* accounts to the above Dark Peak and Dark Peak Board user accounts in gitolite

  • BLOCKED on: Mat to add "Dark Peak" account and "Dark Peak Board" account ...
  • ACTION: Caolan to migrate existing darkpeak-* accounts to the above Dark Peak and Dark Peak Board user accounts in gitolite

Mat to make board members user admins so they enroll new members

  • cannot confirm this to be completed
  • ACTION: Mat to make board members user admins so they enroll new members

Board should update their User pages on the wiki

  • currently has caolan, ed, gary, ian and mat on board page
  • ACTION: (ed) make member page automatically generated
  • ACTION: (all board) update user page to include irc nick used on #darkpeak; email addresses are currently optional

Caolan to email list on moving board meetings earlier on hackdays, so we have hacking time to implement some action items

  • hackdays and GMs will have open doors at 11:30 and start times of 12:00
  • ACTION: (gjm) update agenda pages and any other required pages to update based on the above

How to handle concessionary membership

ideas generated but not ratified:

  • concessionary rate
  • time limited membership with review on N monthly basis (e.g. N=6)
  • combination of the above
  • we have concerns about people having to contribute non-monitarily to keep up with membership for various reasons including judging whether their work justifies their membership and that it creates a distinction between membership grades where the paying members are not required to do so

deferring final decision for another time


Agenda

Updates from last meeting

  • mbooth to ask matt a union st about accountant
  • Caolan to action invoice to Chris for stickers (authorise payment on online banking please!)
  • Gary to send Mat account details for expense remittance
  • Caolan to send Mat invoice for SSL certs, etc for expense remittance
  • Mat to add "Dark Peak" account and "Dark Peak Board" account, not for loggin in, but as a place to put important/shared/sensitive stuff - notify Caolan when ready
  • Caolan to migrate existing darkpeak-* accounts to the above Dark Peak and Dark Peak Board user accounts in gitolite
  • Mat to make board members user admins so they enroll new members
  • Board should update their User pages on the wiki
  • Caolan to email list on moving general meetings earlier on hackdays, so we have hacking time to implement some action items

How to handle concessionary membership

Build the agenda for the general meeting on the 13 August: General Meeting 2.4 August 2016

AOB